Be able to use appropriate equipment such as surface grinder, wire EDM, RO GRINDERS, and equipment to create and make tooling to match part drawings. With the proper equipment have the ability to create angles, radius, on all tooling to create a high quality, tight tolerance parts. These duties are to be performed within quality and production standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read blueprints and use necessary measuring devices to make, or modify existing tooling, tools for new or old job prints.
• Make sure tools are sharpened and tool holders in good working condition before being placed back on shelf or in tool drawers.
• Repair or requisition replacement parts, tooling or hardware as needed to maintain adequate stock.
• Set-up and operate all tool room machines for specific form tool, tap, drills, or holder for grinding.
• Must be able to understand and perform to quality standards, methods, usage of inspection devices and reporting as required
• To maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards ie: Proper use of personal protective equipment
• Safe operation of all machinery, tools and equipment
• Actively participate in department/shift/team meetings
• Participation with safety or quality suggestions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
GED or High School education preferred. Minimal five years tool making or repair experience or equivalent education/experience required.
Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Demonstrated ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-workers, departments, Supervision, preferably customers and vendors as well.
Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
With minimal supervision, demonstrate the ability to solve practical problems, interpret, resolving problems and issues using a variety of instructions or guides furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Standing, sitting, stooping and squatting can be expected along with lifting or with other means transfer of tooling, parts, containers and raw materials. Specific vision abilities required may include close vision, distance vision, peripheral and depth perception and ability to focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The performance of this position normally requires exposure to a typical manufacturing areas were under certain conditions that require the use of personal protective equipment such as Safety Glasses with Side Shields and hearing protection. .Primary environment: Temperature of work area may be affected by outside temperatures and machining. Industrial lighting provided.
Preparing Your Resume
Your resume should be an accurate overview of your past work experiences and knowledge. Here are some key points to include in your resume when submitting to LaRue: