Wire EDM Technician
Wire EDM Technician
The EDM Wire Technician sets up and operates all EDM Wire Machines in a production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must be able to run conventional and EDM Wire machines, preferably Mitsubishi FX10 machines.
• Must be able to program EDM Wire machines utilizing Mastercam MLC CAD software, and be able to edit programs at the control.
• Must be able to maintain and adjust the machines as needed.
• Must be able to read blueprints and work with the guidance of Engineering.
• Should be able to set-up and operate other tool room machines such as manual mills, surface grinders, and Charmilles hole popper, HAAS CNC mill experience preferred.
• Should be able to exercise knowledge of the wire EDM machines to perform daily maintenance checks, preventative maintenance, and work with service technicians for repairs as needed
Must be able to understand and perform to quality standards, methods, usage of inspection devices and reporting as required
• To maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards ie: Proper use of personal protective equipment
• Safe operation of all machinery, tools and equipment
• Actively participate in department/shift/team meetings
• Participation with safety or quality suggestions
• Work overtime and weekends as occasionally requested
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
GED or High School education preferred. Minimal five years tool making or repair experience or equivalent education/experience required.
Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Demonstrated ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-workers, departments, Supervision, preferably customers and vendors as well.
Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
With minimal supervision, demonstrate the ability to solve practical problems, interpret, resolving problems and issues using a variety of instructions or guides furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Standing, sitting, stooping and squatting can be expected along with lifting or with other means transfer of tooling, parts, containers and raw materials. Specific vision abilities required may include close vision, distance vision, peripheral and depth perception and ability to focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The performance of this position normally requires exposure to a typical manufacturing areas were under certain conditions that require the use of personal protective equipment such as Safety Glasses with Side Shields and hearing protection. .Primary environment: Temperature of work area may be affected by outside temperatures and machining. Industrial lighting provided.
Preparing Your Resume
Your resume should be an accurate overview of your past work experiences and knowledge. Here are some key points to include in your resume when submitting to LaRue: